New unique features on the TV screen opens up IPTV technology for users! IPTV should mean the transfer of a TV image using an IP protocol over a broadband operator network or the Internet. Unlike traditional television, which allows viewers to only switch tv channels, the IPTV system also provides a wide range of interactive services and personal services.
IPTV systems are built on client-server architecture. The main components of the IPTV system are:
- Main station (IPTV station)
- Video servers (VoD servers)
- Service platform (middleware)
- Subscriber equipment (mainly TV set-top boxes IP-STB)
- Conditional Access System (CAS)
IPTV is a fully interactive service that operates in multi-service multicast networks Triple Play. Interactive features are implemented with the remote control and wireless keyboard through the client terminal STB (set top box, settopbox) or PC using the software player (iptv player). In essence, IPTV technology has no restrictions on the number of channels (their number can reach 100 and more) and the quality of broadcast content. It all depends on the bandwidth of the network and its coverage area. IPTV technology (IP TV, IPTV, streaming television and video over IP networks) is the latest and most advanced way for subscribers to provide digital interactive TV from standard (SD) to high-definition (HDTV) television.
In addition to high quality, IPTV technology, unlike traditional cable TV, provides feedback to subscribers. This gives you great opportunities to monitor audience needs and provide additional opportunities.
The capabilities of an IP protocol allow you to provide a wide range of interactive and integrated services:
- Interactive TV (IPTV)
- Video on Demand (VoD)
- “Virtual Cinema” (NVOD)
- Digital (Digital Video Recorder, DVR) and personal (Personal Video Recorder, PVR) video
- recorders that allow recording of transmissions on several channels.
- Radio on demand (RoD)
- E-mail (e-mail on the TV screen)
- Web access to the Internet
- VoIP (IP telephony)
- Online games
- View accounts and balance of the subscriber
- Reference portals
- Distance learning, broadcasting workshops
- Video Surveillance – In the long run, interactive TV creates conditions for and implementation of the SmartHome concept when the TV becomes a control center (through a STB client device and a remote control) by household and household appliances.